Water and other liquids are hazardous to your mobile phone. Any liquid water left on your mobile phone will leave harmful minerals and will cause corrosion.
Some of the key areas where liquid can enter your device include the headphone jack, charging port, microphone and speaker.
Most smartphones have a liquid contact indicator – that’s just a small sticker that changes color when it comes in contact with water, and you can usually find it next to the SIM slot (iPhone) or underneath the battery (Samsung).
There are several warning signs that your phone is water-damaged:
- Sound will be distorted which you will notice in phone calls and music
- A static sound when connecting headphones
- Inability to charge
- Dark display screen or distorted pictures
Tips to save your water damaged phone:
- Do not turn it on or plug it in
- Remove the sim card, memory card, and anything else that might be plugged into the device.
- Sit the phone upright if you can’t remove the battery
- Dry gently with an absorbent towel
- Don’t push any buttons
- Don’t use a hairdryer to dry
- Don’t put it in a bag of rice (because it doesn’t help much)
- Don’t turn the phone on too soon
Repair your water damaged phone in ErepairCafe
If you have tried these tips and your phone is still not working, you can come to ErepairCafe. Our experienced technicians will make every effort possible to salvage your water-damaged phone.
Book Your Repair Now